Friday, August 31, 2012

Eye opener!

When your daughter says, "I'm pregnant!"

It was a beautiful morning today, at least until the kids woke up, then it was screaming and fighting and "mom he has my money!" "Mom she's touching me." Wow, that can mess up the most serene sunrise ever seen.  However, I've now dropped the kids off at school and the house is back to its peaceful state for the time being.  So what am I doing with my wonderful, quiet rest of the morning?  Well, my mind is whipping around thoughts of my twenty year old daughter.  She just got engaged a couple of months ago and we had been trying to plan for her wedding next fall, but we hit a major bump in the road and are in the process of trying not to plummet off the embankment.  My daughter is now pregnant.  
She woke me up at four in the morning a couple of days ago saying, "Mom, can you read this?  I don't know what it means."  I rolled out of bed and stumbled into the kitchen, put on my glasses, and picked up the pregnancy test.  Half asleep, I glance at it and in a groggy voice I respond:  "It says your pregnant."  I slowly turn away when my eyes pop wide open and I spin around, "Wait....What!   What the heck did I just say?!" That news will wake you up faster than three cups of espresso and a bolt of lightening.  The look on my daughters face said, she to would not be returning to bed.  
Initial surprise and Oh my freaking God! is finally out of the way and we are now fairly excited about the news.  He fiance is happy as well.  All we have to do is rework the wedding around the pregnancy because my daughter does not want to be a basket ball bride.  I told her she could either step up the wedding plans or keep the original date which is four months after the baby is due.  She should be back to her old self by then and I could care for my grand-baby.  I'm just in the process of thinking about the cost of the wedding, cost of baby items, and the cost of having the baby.  I'm not sure how to pull all of this off in one year.  Wow, what a bill its going to be!  Were theres a will and no other real choice, there's a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment